Monday, January 12, 2009

Week in Review

I don't really do very good with New Year's Resolutions. For one I think they are pretty silly. Also, I can never think of anything about myself that needs to change. This year, though, I have resolved to try and add something to this blog at least once a week.

It probably seems like a little bit of a waste since I don't really think anyone is reading this, but I figure it will be good just in case there are one or two of you, and I had the bright idea that maybe we can turn this into a small book or something once we move back to the States.

Anyway - this first post since the resolution is probably the best argument for not blogging weekly, because we really didn't do anything worth mentioning. But, this is probably the most revealing of what life is really like for us over here.

Busy Season started for me this week. So far it hasn't been as bad as back home, although I'm sure that will change fairly quickly. With that, though, I have been working a few more hours. We did go out on Saturday night with some friends for tapas and karaoke. Both were a first for me, Jenna has had tapas before. The food was great, and the singing was surprisingly fun. The karaoke was in a facility that had about 10 karaoke rooms, that hold 8 people, where each group rents their own room. There was about 16 of us and we traded back and forth. Basically everyone that was in the karaoke room would sing along and it really was a lot of fun! On Sunday we went to a new Methodist church, which was pretty good and we think we'll go back to try it again. We also went and saw the new movie Slumdog Millionaire, which was very good and well worth the terribly high price.

The big news of the week is that we started planning/booking a few Spring travels. Take this as the "teaser" for future entries that will come with interesting information and pictures. Anyway, we've planned Barcelona in early March, Austria with some friends in April, and the big one - a week touring around Italy and then a week cruise to Croatia, Greece, and Turkey in May. Stay tuned for more on those at some future date.

2 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

I'm reading! Your life is so much more exciting than mine :)

Denise K

jls0712 said...

Although we're not commenting much, the Fan Club is still out here reading all about your advenures!