Monday, February 23, 2009

Bachelorin' It

So if you've been reading, you know that Jenna left for 2 weeks in the States for a wedding and the birth of a nephew. She'll be writing her own post to tell all about that trip. All the while, I have been home all by my lonesome. This will be a really quick update on how I spent the first 10-ish days alone.

Sadly, one of the first things I did after dropping off Jenna at the airport was to do laundry. The repair guys finally showed up (4 weeks to the day after we called) to fix the washer/dryer, and we had a pretty decent pile ready to go. 6 days and 20 loads later, we had this:



So, not exactly what you think of when you think of the big bachelor weekend.

I also went and bought some running gear from Lillywhite's, which is a gigantic, super-cheap, sporting goods store, and is probably my favorite store in London. Anyway, I've been tinkering with the idea of running the London Marathon in 2010 (2009 is too close). If you've known me at all in the past 26 years, you'll probably be surprised to read that. There have been a few things that have happened that led up to me wanting to run it, but in the end I think it is the desire to be able to tell my kids that "I ran the London Marathon."

There are a lot of things standing in the way, including the fact that it will be run in April 2010 and we're set to leave in February 2010. And then there is the whole running 26 miles thing. But for now, I'm thinking that I should be able to extend for a few months, and I've started trying to get in good enough shape that I can consider really training. So far, the longest I've run is 4.5 miles, which is amazing for me, but obviously far short of where I'll eventually need to be.

So, I got to have some fun buying a bunch of running gear and spent quite a few lonely evenings running the streets and parks of London (which is still pretty surreal).

Other than that, I really haven't been doing anything useful. I've worked quite a bit (it is still busy season), and watched quite a few downloaded movies and shows. I caught up on all the SNLs for the season, which makes me want to mention that although Michael Phelps is a dang good swimmer, he is NOT funny.

Well, that's is about it. Come back soon to hear actual exciting news from Jenna's trip home.

1 comment:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

You are such a good husband doing all that laundry! And updating the blog~